The importance of lighting. The quality of light. Enhancing life.
- Introduction and who is the European Lighting Industry
- The benefit of good lighting
- Lighting and energy
- Lighting and sustainability
- Better light for people and the environment
- Lighting standards
- Lighting legislation, guides and contacts
Enjoy the benefits of good lighting
Light is essential for life, provides and helps us to see the visual tasks. The importance of good lighting is unquestionable as lighting provides essential service to people in
all places. Light will:
- increase the visibility of every visual task
and reduce fatigue in working environments
- improve safety and usability of streets and roads for motorists, pedestrians and residents
- motivate and stimulate learning and study in the educational world
- improve productivity, promote safety and accuracy in the workplace
- stimulate the amenity and experience of the retail environment
- enhance the quality of urban and city social and cultural life
- beautify the visual appeal of architectureand landscape
Light affects our mood; improves well-being and biological processes. Light stimulates productivity and accommodates the 24-hours-lifestyle, ensuring safety and comfort,
even for the aging population.
Over 80% of the signals the brain processes come through our eyes. And these signals are carried by light. So it is very important that we have adequate light of the right quality for every purpose.