- Direct/indirect lighting is found agreeable and natural and avoids "cave effects" in small offices.
- Computer workplaces need to be ergonomically correct. Reflections must be avoided, so care needs to be taken to ensure that lamps are well shielded.
- Direct or reflected glare needs to be avoided in offices, especially where work is performed at visual display units (VDUs).
- Make sure lighting is uniform and does not give rise to deep shadows: 500 lux mean illuminance (maintenance value) is correct according to DIN EN 12464-1.
- Modern lighting management systems provide daylight- and presence-dependent lighting, permit a wide range of lighting scenes and offer a high degree of convenience for operators.
- Vertical surfaces where reading tasks are performed – e.g. cabinet and shelving system surfaces – require adequate supplementary lighting.
Other areas of Trade and crafts